1st August 2023
CAST, A Non-Governmental Organization based in Kilifi Town, is currently seeking to recruit a qualified and proactive Community Mobilizer to join its team. The Organization is carrying out community empowerment activities among the fisherfolk, their families and the community living along Kilifi Creek and along Bofa beach.
Job Type: Two years contract full time
The prospective candidate willing to join the organization must meet the following conditions and academic qualifications:
- A Diploma or degree in community development, Environmental studies or mariculture
- At least 3 years working experience in a relevant field and in a busy organization
- Have good IT skills (especially word and excel) and be conversant with report writing
- Must be able to work with minimum supervision and a self-starter
- Between 23 and 45 years of age
- Have good communication skills in English and Kiswahili and strong interpersonal skills
- Should have knowledge in conflict management and resolution at the group and individual level
- Ability to mobilize communities for collective action
- Familiarity with the NGO sector will be an added advantage
The job entails:
- Mobilizing communities into working groups for community and individual development and for income generating projects
- Guiding beneficiaries in implementing project activities, monitoring progress of the activities and writing timely reports on the same
- Facilitate data collection for baseline and monitoring project activities as will be required by the organization
- Conduct trainings and other capacity building activities for beneficiaries.
Your application letter together with you CV and supporting documents should be addressed to CAST Project Coordinator, Chiara Spicciarelli, and sent via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or delivered to the following address: Seahorse (next to Lees) P.O Box 561 -80108 Kilifi not later than 15th August 2023.